Worship, Faith & Values
Worship With Us
You, your friends, and your family are warmly invited to come and worship with us. For Sunday worship, our 1838 Meetinghouse is a serenely beautiful setting for quiet reflection and prayer. If you prefer a more intimate and informal service, you can attend the monthly Worship on Wednesday service held in our Chapel.
Sunday Worship 10:00am
Statement of Faith
Open and Affirming Statement
In the way we are with each other, by:
• Honoring our differences as we live and act together
• Expressing opinions with gentleness, kindness and clarity, with openness and respect
• Listening and respectfully considering all people’s ideas
• Addressing issues directly, seeking resolution
• Being willing and able to forgive, as God forgives us
The way we make decisions, by:
• Looking for the common ground as we seek consensus, resulting in acceptance and support
• Sharing information widely and in a timely manner, and
The way we lead and serve, by:
• Sharing and encouraging the individual gifts we all possess
• Leading by example
• Ensuring this covenant is understood and embraced
May the holy spirit work within us to bring this covenant to life within our church, so we may be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
The First Congregational Church of Madison is a member of the United Church of Christ. This membership derives from Congregational, Christian, Evangelical, and Reformed traditions, and dates its founding to June 25, 1957, when the four denominations merged into one fellowship.
About the UCC
The Connecticut Conference (www.ctucc.org) is the regional representative of the UCC for its Connecticut churches and associations. At the national level, the United Church of Christ comprises 5,100 churches and more than one million members across the United States. Every two years, UCC holds a meeting called General Synod that brings together delegates from all the regional conferences. For highlights of UCC’s core values and its distinctive witness in the world, watch their video.
Learn More …